We now have over 250 students taking part in our online Music Academy, and the feedback that we have had from everyone has been amazing! We feel that it is important that we stay in contact with each other during this difficult period, and it has been inspiring to see how many of you have kept up your music in these circumstances. It is great to see that even though we are unable to attend ensembles and music lessons, we are still connected by our love of music! The dedication to music that we have seen amongst students, parents and our tutors has been incredible.
Enrol for SMS Online Lessons
Each of our online lessons now takes place on Microsoft Teams, a very user-friendly system that allows students to continue their instrumental and vocal learning with ease.
If you would like to have online lessons, please email Sutton Music Service at: email@example.com if you have already been learning with us.
If you have not had lessons with us before but would still like to have online music lessons, please visit our website at: https://suttonmusicservice.org.uk/lessons and fill out an application form.
Our Top Five Tips for Online Music Lessons
To get the most out of your online teaching here are our top five tips:
- Make sure you have everything you need e.g. your instrument, sheet music, music stand and any other essential things you need.
- Warm-up before the lessons starts. Warming up is essential to make sure you are ready and prepared for the lesson.
- Set up your computer and kit in advance. Technology is great, but to make sure you get the most out of your lesson, make sure everything is working beforehand.
- Make sure you ask questions and chat with your tutor, so you know what to work on and practice during the week until your next lesson. If you can set goals for yourself, so you practice each day, then it will be easier.
- Reward yourself. At the end of the lesson, do not forget how great it is to be playing an instrument and give yourself a treat.
Also, we know that everyone worked hard last term for exams and concerts that did not go ahead, so feel free to showcase your performances by sending them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will feature them on our social media pages!