NEW! Online Songwriter’s Circle
Starting in April 2021, Sutton Music Service’s Online Songwriter’s Circle will teach students how to write new material and support them to develop their ideas. Working as a group, students will:
- Explore songwriting techniques
- Learn how to record and produce music on Soundtrap
- Network with other young songwriter’s
- Showcase their work through termly performances and online releases
Sessions will be delivered by professional songwriter Ewan Philips and run via Soundtrap, cloud-based music production software, and Microsoft Teams. All students who enrol will be given a Soundtrap login, meaning that they can continue to write their material between sessions.
The Sutton Songwriters Circle is for:
- Any student age between 11 and 18 is welcome to join the Sutton Online Songwriter’s Circle
- Students must be passionate about songwriting, be a confident singer, and have some guitar or keyboard skills
What equipment do I need?
- Soundtrap is designed to work on any computer or mobile device connected to the internet. There is no need to download any additional software. You can find out more about the system requirements here.
- To get the most out of these sessions, you will need to run Microsoft Teams and Soundtrap simultaneously. Therefore, it is best to use a laptop or a PC. However, you could use two separate devices, one connected to Microsoft Teams and the other to Soundtrap. We recommend that you download the Microsoft Teams app, which is free.
- Headphones with a microphone – the type of headphones with a mic that often comes with a mobile phone would be perfect.
Times, Dates, & Cost
Wednesday 5:00 to 6:00 pm or 6:00 to 7:00 pm
- April 21, 28
- May 5, 12, 19, 26
- June 9, 16, 23,30
£70 per term of ten sessions